Whether you’re a student, parent or team member, there has never been a better opportunity to do something special for the teacher in your life. See below for some great ideas about how you can show your teachers how much they’re appreciated — even from a distance!
- Tell Your Teacher What They Mean to You. You don’t have to spend a lot of time or money to make your teacher feel special. Sometimes the simplest gestures are the most meaningful.
- Write a letter or a card saying why you appreciate your teacher. Click here to download free printable cards
- Email your teacher an e-card to tell them what they mean to you.
- Remote Recognition. Even as we practice social-distancing, there are many ways to recognize teachers remotely.
- Print and hang this sign in a window at your home to show your thanks with the whole community!
- Don’t have access to a printer? Draw an apple and hang in your window!
- Update your Facebook profile picture with our DPS Teacher Appreciation frame (available May 4) frame to say “thank you.”
- Collaborate to Celebrate. Work with your classmates and school to orchestrate a virtual celebration for your teacher.
- Put together a video of students thanking their teachers.
- Ask for the first few minutes during a Google Classroom to surprise the teacher with appreciation from the class.
- Create an adopt-a-teacher gift drop-off by making a sign-up for the school community to drop-off cookies or other treats to teachers. (Just make sure the teachers feel comfortable sharing their home address.)
Don’t forget to share your ideas and creations with us! We want to hear how you’ve shared your appreciation for the DPS teachers in your life. Use #DPSlovesteachers when sharing your special moments on social media. You can also tag us on Facebook and Twitter.